I wanted some space to store books that would show off the covers. Here is the process of building some!
They came together pretty quickly and I am happy with the outcome. Construction was pretty simple here – pine and crown moulding with some pocket hole screws holding the back together. The pictures tell the story…
I ripped a groove with the table saw (double pass) to hold a small piece of 1/4 poplar that keeps the books from sliding off the shelf.
Once you get your mind around mitring crown moulding (upside-down & backwards) it comes together pretty quickly.
Pocket holes to keep everything together.
I used a keyhole bit on the router to cut the hangers.
A brad nailer makes this job much quicker.
Before priming and painting I tested them on the wall.